Putting students first in
every education decision.
EdChoice Kentucky is a coalition focused on informing the Commonwealth about educational choice programs. While educational choice isn't an issue for most wealthy families, the financial reality of a chosen education path has kept many low-to-middle income families from providing their children with the education that best meets their needs.
Our first priority is the student. Education Opportunity Accounts will create more opportunity for ALL Kentucky students.
EdChoice Kentucky is Empowering families with their choices in their child's education.
Support educational choice? Join EdChoice KY and tell your story about why choice in education matters.
Informing the Commonwealth about the benefits of educational choice.
- Click here for a quick and easy explanation about Education Opportunity Accounts
- Have you heard some things about Education Opportunity Accounts that you aren't sure about? Click here to download a Myth v Fact sheet to learn the truth!
- Click here to view House Bill 563 and read the bill language about Education Opportunity Accounts (Section 5 starting on Page 11).
- Click here to learn about Account Granting Organization requirements.
- Donors Click here if interested in a tax credit donation.
Ready to become an advocate?
An A+ Choice for Kentucky Students & Families
EdChoice Kentucky is fighting for one important goal; helping Kentucky students! The same education doesn't work for every child - learning styles and abilities are as unique as each child.
Kentucky students deserve a choice in their education. Education Opportunity Accounts are a common-sense solution:
Access for every student to an education that best meets their unique needs
Resources to lighten the financial burden of choice on working Kentucky families
Flexibility for families to choose the best-individualized education services to match their needs
Develop an education workforce that helps Kentucky businesses succeed and compete
A win-win for students, communities, and Kentucky!
How Can Education Opportunity Accounts help Kentucky Students
Fortunately, there is a solution: Education Opportunity Accounts.
Education Opportunity Accounts allow parents to have privately donated funds deposited into an account they can use to pay for the educational services that best suits their children. The program incentivizes private donations to Account Granting Organizations, making more funding available to provide Kentucky students the educational services that are best for them, no matter their financial situation.
"Will It Work?"
- More than 20 states already have education programs funded by private donations with overwhelmingly positive results
- 14 studies found that students performed better across the board when choice programs were an option.
- 25 studies found that choice programs are often followed by public school improvements.
"Is There Support"
Recent polling shows that both urban and rural Kentuckians overwhelmingly support educational choice options.
Past polls show that Kentucky voters, no matter their party affiliation or geographic location, support educational choice.